[Fedora-livecd-list] Why --bind mount /var/cache/yum?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 22:05:40 UTC 2008

imgcreate/creator.py:
         # bind mount system directories into _instroot
         for (f, dest) in [("/sys", None), ("/proc", None), ("/dev", None),
                           ("/dev/pts", None),
                           (cachesrc, "/var/cache/yum")]:
             self.__bindmounts.append(BindChrootMount(f, self._instroot,
dest))

Anyone know why we are --bind mounting /var/cache/yum from the host into
the chroot during install when we aren't using it?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com