[Fedora-livecd-list] Corrupted RPM/unbootable LiveCD problem solved

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Wed Feb 27 05:46:29 UTC 2008

I verified the problems with a fresh install of f8 with updates (not
rawhide) and livecd-tools from git.  So, I uninstalled the git version
of LiveCD Tools, disabled the development repo in YUM (LiveCD tools was
the only package enabled) and reinstalled LiveCD tools with GIT.  For
some reason it choked on my RPM cache, so I've turned cacheing off for
now.  I've just finished creating my second livecd under this setup (2
different kickstarts, fwiw).  As an aside, I'm still receiving the same
errors on the same particular RPMs so I'm pretty convince it's not
related to RPMs.

IMVHO (I think I'm going to get blasted for this theory) it's probably
wise not to mix LiveCD tools for a future version of Fedora with a
production release of Fedora.  The last time I ran into weird bad juju
with LiveCD Tools was when I mixed a git pre-release of the F8 version
of LiveCD Tools with a F7 dev vm.

Tim