[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator on RHEL5/FC6

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 7 22:18:37 UTC 2008

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

>   1) This version of livecd-tools hasn't even been packaged for rawhide
>      yet
>
>   2) The patches I posted are just enough to make the imgcreate python
>      module usable on RHEL5, so there may well be further work required

I had to patch livecd-creator and image-creator is the latest version of
  livecd-creator. It runs but results in an error. Not sure what it is
all about

Here is what I did. On a RHEL 5.1 system

# rpm -ivh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-2.noarch.rpm
# yum install git-core squashfs-tools pykickstart
# git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/livecd
# cd livecd

got the patches from
http://markmc.fedorapeople.org/rhel5-livecd-creator/

# git apply -v imgcreate-*

I had to patch two files for the try finally construct. The patches are

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/livecd-creator-try-finally.patch
http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/image-creator-try-finally.patch

(These patches are pretty simple but I am very much a python newbie and
might be incorrect but it gets the tools to run)

I tried to create a live cd

----

# livecd-creator --config=livecd-rhel5-base-desktop.ks
Using label 'rhel5-base-desktop-200801081437' and name
'livecd-rhel5-base-desktop-200801081437'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 133, in ?
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 106, in main
     ks = imgcreate.read_kickstart(options.kscfg)
   File "//usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/imgcreate/kickstart.py", line
51, in read_kickstart
     os.chdir(dirname)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''

----

Any idea what's wrong?

Rahu