[Fedora-livecd-list] Issue with customized Fedora Live CD

sebastian at when.com sebastian at when.com
Wed Jan 9 19:36:12 UTC 2008

Hi Douglas,

thank you for your response. I have burned the image to a DVD and tried
to boot from it - some issue here. Then, I have mounted (like you
suggested) the image on my computer, and I have found some interesting
details:

After having mounted the whole image, I discovered that the squashfs.img
file was in the root directory of the image - not in the LiveOS directory!
I was able to mount the squashfs.img - then, I had a look at its
directory tree:
There is no ext3fs.img in it, only a large (in this case approx. 3 GB)
file called os.img and a directory called sysroot, without any files in it.

In my opinion, this might be an explanation for the error, but the
question is, who has caused this and how to solve it...
I am currently going to double-check the result using livecd-creator
(well, revisor uses livecd-creator tools, doesn't it?... but I will give
it a try.)

Sebastian