[Fedora-livecd-list] rfc/suggestion: livecd kickstart format should include url install method

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 14:06:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 22:32 -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:
> The main problem, is that no install method is specified.  For now, I'm
> just going to do a little parsing, taking the first repo line, and
> converting it into
>
> "
> install
> url --url=<bla>
> "

While not required, this syntax should work today.  The url syntax
doesn't support as many things like mirrorlists, though, and thus isn't
as preferred.  See the methodToRepo bits

> Other than that, the only other thing I think I noticed was that it
> failed to go completely automated due to lack of specified root password
> entry.  Again, I'd suggest explicitly requiring that entry.

An empty password is going to cause problems, though, and that's what we
end up wanting for general live image use.  And if you want to have a
root password, you can specify it and then things will work in either
case

Jeremy