[Fedora-livecd-list] Traceback error: File exists when running livecd-creator on updated Fedora 7

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Tue Jan 15 21:38:35 UTC 2008

All,

I'll start by saying this process has been working perfectly for at
least a couple months now. However just yesterday I updated my build
system with the most recent Fedora 7 patches and built a new base ISO
with the new updates as well. Now I'm seeing the error below. If I'm
reading things correctly it's having trouble with /etc/mtab in the build
dir. I checked the still mounted build dir and found the link already
existing there. Aparently it was already done in the base ISO.

No matter the cause I need to try and figure out a solution. If there is
already one out there I'm happy to make use of it. Otherwise if someone
has a moment to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Happy to provide more information too if needed.

Thanks.

-Eli

/usr/bin/livecd-creator --config=dactest2.ks
--base-on=/mms/dac/buildtools/iso/m2s-dac-cd-base-4.1_F7.iso
--fslabel=dactest2-1200432110

mount: block device /dev/loop2 is write-protected, mounting read-only

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1088, in <module>

    sys.exit(main())

  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1067, in main

    target.setup(options.uncompressed_size, options.base_on)

  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 428, in setup

    os.symlink("../proc/mounts", self.build_dir +
"/install_root/etc/mtab")

OSError: [Errno 17] File exists

--
Elias Hunt