[Fedora-livecd-list] eth0 and eth1 in kickstart

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Thu Jan 24 20:50:03 UTC 2008

After more testing and fiddling, it looks like I've solved all the
problems.  The interfaces come up, everything functions and I can use
iptables to configure the LiveCD as a gateway/router that another
machine can use.  The process:

1) delete /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*.bak
2) grab some basic stuff (e.g. hwaddr) out of
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*
3) overwrite those config files as I want them
4) restart network (service network restart)

I'm not sure why the network init script is creating the .bak scripts
(step 1) but they seem to be the cause of the "network unreachable"
errors that  I get with some commands and not others.  I've tried
various approaches to creating these files before the network init
script runs and it overwrites them.  Of course if I dug into the code of
that script and the things it drives I'd probably have a d'oh moment...

Tim