[Fedora-livecd-list] RFE: allow multi live medium

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Nov 4 09:10:30 UTC 2008

Hiyas,

I would like to create a usb device that contains several live mediums.
Afaics, this is currently not possible, unless I use a separate partition for
each live medium, because they all expect LiveOS to be the directory
containing some images. Attached is a patch agains mkliveinitrd from the
current rawhide cvs repository that makes it possible to pass a "live_dir"
kernel parameter, that is then used instead of LiveOS.

How do you like this patch and do I have to submit it via bugzilla to the
mkinitrd component to get it included? Do you know other places on the live
medium that use a hardcoded LiveOS directory?

Regards,
Till