[Fedora-livecd-list] liveusb-creator-gtk to be included on livecds

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Wed Nov 12 13:28:54 UTC 2008

On 11/12/08 6:46 AM, مؤيد السعدي wrote:
> I'm think about "all" checkbox beside target device that is display all
> devices not only usb devices
>
> so any suggestion
Hi,

I think that including this on the Live CD is a great idea (although
offtopic for this list, it would be great if it was included in the default
Desktop install as well).

The program features look great, but I think the UI is a bit too busy. I
would recommend making the Live USB icon's transparent, setting a 6px border
width on the main window and using 6px spacing between vertical elements and
12px between horizontal spacing. Perhaps there should also add a "Help"
button on the left which would open a web browser and open a short guide to
using the program on the Fedora wiki or something.

Would you be interested in using Glade for the GTK+ interface? I'd be
willing to help create a glade file and I can provide some sample code that
will make accessing the widgets very easy (self.ui.widgetname), as well as
enabling i18n for the entire program.

Stewart