[Fedora-livecd-list] umount: device is busy / cannot unlink ks-script

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Oct 9 19:10:43 UTC 2008

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 20:11 -0600, orion at cora.nwra.com wrote:
>>> I'm trying to build a livecd with a custom ks file and getting:
> [snip]
>>> ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy
>> Retried with no %pre/%post and it works, so I guess I need to poke around
>> there...
>
> Yeah, usually this is caused by running something in your %post that
> leaves files open.  The most common things are starting a service and
> not stopping it or starting some other long-running thing and not having
> it finish before the %post exists.

Okay, this appears to be caused by:

mount -t tmpfs varcacheyum /var/cache/yum
mount -t tmpfs tmp /tmp
mount -t tmpfs vartmp /var/tmp

Which I took from /usr/share/fedora-release/fedora-live-base.ks.  Is
there a newer version of this file somewhere?  Looking at
fedora-release.spec there's not much of a clue if the sources are
maintained anywhere else.

Source:         %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com