[Fedora-livecd-list] Rawhide livecd

Pedro Silva pedrofsilva at netcabo.pt
Thu Sep 25 10:19:43 UTC 2008

Hi!

I decided to eat my own dog food and started building livecds using
spin-kickstart git, with no custom changes. I'm building i386 images of
fedora-livecd-desktop.ks, fedora-livecd-xfce.ks,
fedora-livedvd-games.ks, pulling from rawhide mirrors. I'm testing these
isos using qemu-kvm.

Here's some issues I found:

fedora-livecd-desktop.ks (648MB) - builds ok, booting, sort of. I can
use automatic login but something is eating the vm resources. I gave it
350MB of ram, gnome would load, but gnome-panels were useless. After
giving 450MB of ram, gnome-panels were fully loaded and the desktop
seems usable, until PackageKit kicks in and eats the rest of the vm's
resources.

fedora-livecd-xfce.ks (664MB) - builds ok, booting, sort of. It starts X
but then, no automatic login window, no gdm panel or background, just
mouse pointer, no cpu usage.

fedora-livedvd-games.ks (3981MB)- missing packages in build. According
to koji, packages starfighter and blobandconquer, are not included in
f10. I needed to comment out those packages so the build could finish
sucessfully. It boots but X doesn't start.

I'll try to bring more details on this issues, in the mean time,
I'll continue to build other livecd/dvd*.ks, trying to spot other issues
while testing my own pt_PT builds of these livecds.

Best regards,

Pedro Silva