[Fedora-livecd-list] usb install media documentation.

林泽耸 l.zeson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:12:14 UTC 2009

2009/4/20, Ian Kelling <smallnow at gmail.com>:
> In the official fedora install documentation there is a section "Making USB
> Media",
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-making-media.html#id3110774
>
> , there are subsections for Windows and Linux. In the linux instructions,
> the
> only instructions for installing livecd-tools are for Fedora. Obviously many
> users installing Fedora don't have it on their computer already, which makes
> using windows the only documented option. I think its important to have
> documentation for using other linux distros.
>
> A lot of laptops don't have cd drives nowadays. Going to try fedora on your
> laptop and first thing finding that having windows is the only officially
> documented way move to fedora with your hardware is not a good message.
>
> Also, I went to see if this had been discussed before, but there is no
> search
> feature on the archive. Its here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/
> Any way around that?
>
> - Ian Kelling
>

> --

1:	Download F10-i686Live-KDE.iso.
2:	Download GrubGUi.
3:	Install Grub4dos to you USB flash.
4:	Copy the folder "LiveOS" ,the file "vmlinuz0" and "initrd0.img"
from the ISO image to you USB flash.
5:	Menu.lst file:
	default 0
	timeout 5

	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz0 root=/dev/sda ro liveimg rhgb
	initrd /initrd0.img