[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-create Bootable Fedora LiveCD Failed in Fedora 10

Dino Lopez bernardino.lopez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:16:32 UTC 2009

I try to create a Bootable Fedora LiveCD but it Failed in Fedora 10

Fedora_Minimal.ks
####################
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone US/Central
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --permissive
firewall --disabled
part / --size 1024

repo --name=development --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/
mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch

%packages
@core
bash
kernel
passwd
policycoreutils
chkconfig
authconfig
rootfiles

/usr/sbin/lokkit

%end
####################

livecd-creator --config=./Fedora_Minimal.ks --fslabel=Your_Distro

if you don't add the line: /usr/sbin/lokkit will stop with error !!!,
once you add the line wait until the process finish...

After the iso image gets generated the following message appear :

Error on boot:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
           dmesg | tail or so

Bug in initramfs /init detected. Dropping to a shell. Good luck!

bash: no job control in this shell
bash-4.0#

I really like to see a way to create your own custom Fedora Minimal
LIveCD or USB.

Maybe add the option to boot in about 5 seconds like reported at:
http://lwn.net/Articles/299483/

And why not to handle the awesome speed & compression from:
http://www.slax.org/
Seems like  Build aufs kernel module and squashfs kernel module
(optionally patched to support LZMA) is the way to go.

If somebody have some ideas will be really appreciated...
Dinooz