[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-tools: cache for yum ?

Carlos M. Gutierrez carlos at gutierrez.com
Mon Jan 12 18:58:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> Vnpenguin wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Does livecd-tools uses a cache for yum ? I can't found command line
>> option for the cache yet ?
>> I have no local repo and I don't want download all packages for each build.
>>

> I think the option is "--cache /path/to/directory"

In my Fedora 10 system I already have the usual yum caches at:

/var/cache/yum/fedora/
/var/cache/yum/updates/

Is there a command-line switch to specify to livecd-creator to use those
caches? If possible, it could save quite some bandwidth...

I rsync'd the packages in /var/cache/yum/fedora/packages/ to a temporary
directory in /var/tmp/livecd and then ran livecd-creator with
--cache=/var/tmp/livecd but it proceeded to download all the packages
needed for the CD anyway.

Ideally, livecd-creator would be able to use those packages that I already
have in the system... have I missed something obvious?

Thanks... :-)

Carlos M. Gutierrez
carlos at gutierrez.com

believed to be clean.