[Fedora-livecd-list] Building LiveCDs for Fedora from CentOS

harry.devine at faa.gov harry.devine at faa.gov
Fri Oct 2 14:58:26 UTC 2009

We have our development servers here where I work that are running CentOS
5.2 64-bit on them.  One of our projects has a LiveCD that we build and
provide.  It is currently built on a Fedora 8 PC that I have but we'd like
to move to Fedora 11 or 12.

What I'd like to do is put the Fedora 11 RPMs on our server, run
createrepo to create a repository, and use livecd-creator on that server
to build the Fedora 11 LiveCD.  Is this approach possible?  Are there any
"gotchas" I need to be aware of if it is possible?  The LiveCD is a 32-bit
implementation BTW.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine