[Fedora-livecd-list] selinux set to permissive in kickstart, but ISO says it's in enforcing mode

Peter Scheie peter.scheie at visionshareinc.com
Tue Sep 1 20:57:59 UTC 2009

I'm trying to build a Centos livecd that will mostly call anaconda with
a kickstart file on an http server.  I modified the
centos-livecd-minimal.ks file, first adding system-config-network-tui to
the %packages section to get networking, and the resulting ISO worked
fine.  Next I added anaconda to the %packages section.  But the
resulting ISO kernel panics saying "Unable to load SELinux Policy.
Machine is in enforcing mode."  I don't really need selinux for my
purposes, so I changed the selinux setting in the ks file to
--permissive, but I still get the same panic.  Any ideas as to why the
permissive setting isn't being picked up? Or what about adding anaconda
(which admittedly adds a bunch of other packages) made it stop loading
the policy file? Thanks.

Peter