[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Unnecessary SELinux Failure Condition?

Jay Greguske jgregusk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 29 19:45:09 UTC 2009

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Jay Greguske <jgregusk at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>
>>> There have been some problems more recently with the booleans stuff if
>>> SELinux isn't enabled.  Does that all end up working correctly still?
>>>

>> I'll look into it. Are there any you have in mind specifically?
>>

> Dan might remember better than I -- I vaguely remember that a lot of
> the home directory bits and also some of the xguest stuff requires
> working booleans
>
> - Jeremy

I installed xguest to a running livecd (desktop ks file) and played with
two booleans related to it: browser_write_xguest_data, and
xguest_connect_network. With the former turned off the Guest account
could not download files from random internet sites, and with the latter
it couldn't connect at all, so I'd say they were functioning as
expected. I'm pretty confident SELinux booleans are working correctly
with these changes. If you have other tests to suggest I'd be happy to
try them out.

Thanks,
- Jay