[Fedora-livecd-list] List of previous issues with livecd-tools which should be addressed

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 19:31:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>> We are past the time for new F14 spins to be proposed. However I do think
>> having a way to build biarch images is useful, particularly for rescue images.
>>
>> A sane script to do this, would likely be accepted as an addition to
>> livecd-tools.
>
> Is the question, "How do we create multi-arch live CDs?" or "How do
> you create a script that will build a multi-arch live CD?"
>
> As far as the first question goes, I think something like System
> Rescue CD would be a good model to follow. It has 32bit and 64bit
> kernels but only one initrd and one system image...
>
> As to the second question, I would have to learn how to do the first
> one first :) I have OK programming skills but I'm limited to python by
> experience and a little bash hacking.

I'm pretty sure the better thing to do would be to have the bi-arch
shell script as a tool added just like edit-livecd has been added.

I do not think changing the whole model is going to solve anything,
especially since
the current model is just fine and does what it should.
Building a bi-arch rescue disc or USB image is an addon-feature
not a core-function.