[Fedora-livecd-list] Development of biarch live CD script.

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:42:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out a way to get the Fedora-$release string
>> easily, without just
>> taking it from the ISO filename. This way we can use it in teh
>> exlinux/syslinux config files.
>
> Do we need this info before or after the ISO's are mounted? There's
> got to be a file within the ISO that would have the info we need.

Just by the time we get to syslinux() which writes the config file.
I suppose I could get it from isolinux.cfg in one of the ISO files
after they are mounted.
Probably at the same place we get the UUID. where uuid = getuuid()

>> By the way it is set up to use Ext3/extlinux.
>
> I think the usage() function will work for now but if we start adding
> additional options, like letting the user choose what file system
> format to use, we'll need to move to the optparse module.

Right.
I figure as a base case, working script it wasn't needed right now.
So yeah. I tried implementing the optparse thing and couldn't for some reason.
Probably I was not thinking we needed options.. but if people request
them, sure.