[Fedora-livecd-list] Development of biarch live CD script.

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:27:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The man page looks pretty good. As far as the script goes I think we
> need to add some status/diagnostic info so the user at least has a
> clue where they are in the process especially if something goes wrong.

Right.. have any patches?

> Another thing I was thinking about. Is there ANY way to keep from
> having to run this as root? I know losetup needs it, but is there any
> other command we're calling that needs it?

mount and extlinux since it will need to read /dev/loop0 when used
with --install to overwrite the MBR.

> I tried booting the resulting image in VirtualBox and got some
> interesting results. It did boot, but I did not see a boot menu unless
> it was what I saw flash for only a fraction of a second. Then it went
> through the normal text mode plymouth boot process but instead of
> logging in it went strait to the install menu. Not sure what's going
> on there. I'll have to mount the ISO and see if syslinux got messed up
> somehow.

It may be possible there will be bugs that show up, when
users use thier own livecd-creator made ISO images, but..
if these were the normal F13 LiveCD ISO files it should have worked.

I know some problems exist with livecd-tools' livecd-creator and some
packages in F14 Alpha.
Also udev older than 161-1 I believe might have a problem in
VirtualBox. I know Qemu suffers.
Which LiveCD ISOs were you using, which versions?