[Fedora-livecd-list] Development of biarch live CD script.

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 20:50:54 UTC 2010

Here is another one I've started work on:
http://autopsy.liveprojects.info/scripts/mkbackup.py

It's purpose is to create a LiveDVD out of the running system.
This LiveDVD in conjunction with Anaconda's liveinst method of doing a
direct copy
of sr0 to sda or similar lays the basis for using this as a possible
installable, backup solution.
Also has LiveCD/DVD capability, which is ok.

If you come up with anything we can do on that one too I would be glad to know.
I looked at the patch you sent for mkbiarch.py and the directory part isn't
a good thing, we don't want to make it so non-dynamic.

If we create /x86 and /x64 we could even create /x86/{kde,gnome}
/x64/{kde,gnome} which would in thoery, be able to create USB disk
image fitting all 4 ISO discs, two for x86 and two for x64.

Also adding Live.ISO capability, we want to keep extlinux and isolinux dirs.
mkbiarch.py still needs checkisomd5() though.

It is apparently only available in Anaconda, but I can't find where.
I am pretty sure it implants a MD5SUM file somewhere hidden on the
ISO,m which can be checked against
the ISO files to make sure they are not corrupt. This was really
something that could be useful.. and thank you for bringing it, up.