[Fedora-livecd-list] Development of biarch live CD script.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:33:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Jasper Hartline
<jasper.hartline at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, still a no-go in VirtualBox but QEMU worked, at least until the
>> vmmouse detect or whatever it was.
>>
>> Screenshot: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jcn4g2Th6KPTFpZhEmSjFziZeUNZ9CRg4aqMfk7jNbU?feat=directlink
>>
>> One thing I noticed, it seems the GRUB menu options are backwards for
>> 64bit vs. 32bit.
> I'm not sure what you mean about them being backwards. Care you elaborate?

When I selected the 32bit menu option I got a complaint that I was
trying to run a 64bit kernel on 32bit hardware (qemu, my actual
hardware/Fedora is x86_64). Now that I think about it, does the script
do any checking on the order the ISO's are supplied? If not we may
need to add some logic. I'll look at my bash history, I may have
specified them in the wrong order...

> As far as vmmouse you see on the screen, that means
> xorg-x11-drv-vmmmouse is not installed.
> This is not an issue with mkbiarch.py though.
>
> Does it fail to boot any further for you from this point or?

Yup, get's that far and stops.

Richard