[Fedora-livecd-list] booting LiveCD ISO using PXELINUX

mammar mammar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 07:11:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have been using PXELINUX on Fedora 13 and Fedora 14 and everything is
working great.

Try the following in your pxelinux config file (changes are in red color)

I am assuming that your is name is fedora-livecd.iso

label LiveCD
 MENU LABEL LiveCD
 kernel livecd/vmlinuz0
 append initrd=livecd/initrd0.img media=network
rootflags=loop root=live:/fedora-livecd.iso rootfstype=iso9660 ro liveimg
rhgb rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM ramdisk_size=164212 init=/bin/init
iso1=nfs://imagesrv/fedora-livecd.iso

Following is my pxelinux configuration

label linux0
  menu label Fedora Network Installer
  kernel liveiso/vmlinuz0
  APPEND rootflags=loop initrd=liveiso/initrd0.img
root=live:/Fedora-13-live.iso rootfstype=iso9660 rw liveimg rhgb
rd_NO_LUKS   rd_NO_MD quiet

I am using livecd-iso-to-pxeboot script from livecd-tools package to extract
the iso.

Regards,