[Fedora-livecd-list] auto-biarch update for F14

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Thu Dec 30 22:49:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:02:48 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> But it does not serve for the primary purpose at all: Normal user just not
> touching the boot on an x86_64 box will still get booted the crippled i686 OS.
> I have checked It does not use ifcpu64.c32 at all so it cannot work.
>
> It also does not provide the "Basic Video" / "Memory Test" etc. options.
> It also does not provide an option for a fat filesystem on the flash media,
> together with fitting/specifying media size for an available free space there.

Attaching an updated shell script with these features.  Tested with:
	livecd-tools-14.0-1.fc14.x86_64

> Should I convert the "auto-biarch" script into Python or try to merge the
> features into existing /usr/bin/mkbiarch to get it accepted?

BTW I would prefer Perl which is not available on some LiveCDs but it should
be always available on the build system.  I do not know if/why EFI support
would be needed for such boot-flash.  GPT should not be needed on boot-flash.

Thanks,
Jan