[Fedora-livecd-list] Why copy initramfs prior to running post install scripts?

Grant Williamson traxtopel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:42:30 UTC 2010

So I guess in my case it is more complicated, however as an example.

Say I want to customze the background of plymouth charge on the livecd-

/usr/share/plymouth/themes/charge/charge.plymouth
Change the settings to
BackgroundStartColor=0x000000
BackgroundEndColor=0x000000

I can do this 3 ways.
a) rebuild the plymouth-theme-charge package.
b) create a simple package with a rpm trigger or rpm post script to
change this.
c) do it via the post installation

All 3 ways will work,  easiest should be c). However even though I can
update the initramfs in %post, it is not used since the initrd0.img is
created prior to the post install scripts getting run.

I totally agree %post should run as last, however in the case of a live
image creation the initrd0.img gets copied out of the install
environment prior to %post getting run. Kind of defeats the purpose of
%post, if I am not mistaken.

Perhaps the patch I posted is not the best solution, but I think it
should be possible to manipulate the contents of initrd0.img from post.