[Fedora-livecd-list] Help: How to enable rootfs in rw mode?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:53:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Lee Eric <openlinuxsource at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks your solution. It seems work but after unmounting all file
> systems it will show
> umount: /etc: device is busy.
> these error messages.
>
> So what I think is is there any better way to ignore such error? I
> mean I don't wanna just simply do ">/dev/null 2>&1" such thing.

If you set TEMPORARY_STATE=yes, files and folders from rwtab are in
tmpfs so it doesn't really matter if it is cleanly unmounted or not,
it will be lost anyway - important is that it doesn't hang.
If you need persistence for this stateless setup, you can set
persistent storage partition, STATE_MOUNT in
/etc/sysconfig/readonly-root.
See again ovirt-node for an example how is this used.

Regards,
Alan