[Fedora-livecd-list] Patch for BZ# 509427

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:04:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> This seems like a good idea (though I want to do a careful check) even if
> we fix problem with umounting things correctly. This provides more sane
> behavior if other bugs trigger similar problems.

I personally spent over 24 hours searching Yum and python-urlgrabber
looking for the problem, Python internally keeps the fds available yet
the files have been deleted
already, so unmount can't happen until livecd-creator literally exits.

\Since we import Yum functions to livecd-creator for use, basically
the internal fds
are still available to livecd-creator and Python and after 24 hours or
so, this was the only solution I could come up with that does what we
want, and won't make livecd-creator faceplant when things aren't just
exactly perfect (Like a repository that is unreachable in kickstart
file)

So I have tested it myself and can give you the thumbs up on it, but
would like to see what you come up with if you go searching for the
root cause of this bug. I believe myself this is the only way to get
this done.