[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator proposal for compression option

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:52:43 UTC 2010

Also, for your information, nothing about syslinux was rejected.
It is simply not part of the base DVD which livecd-creator requires to
be in the target package payload to build
a live image. Since this is the case, one cannot even do repetitive
testing via scripting methods
without using --cache or having a network configured.

Bruno mentioned it is not important to him, and likewise, since we are
talking about space
I figured I would mention the opinion he gave on syslinux.

Try researching before you assume you know what anyone is talking about.
This is my original message to the list:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/livecd/2010-May/005828.html

Since Bruno feels it is only an issue which I face and you both seem
to think I cannot do for myself
what you keep suggesting, you are simply enveloped in your own ideas
of what you think livecd-creator should be, or
what this list is for, or even why I'm posting the message.

Read this again: _Anyone_ who builds a LiveCD or LiveDVD with livecd-creator
will be required to have a network repository or a local mirror in
place to do even the simplest of
repetitive testing. Read this again: Anyone_. That means you too, and
Bruno, even if that makes 2
people of the several billion on the planet who don't give a flying
chicken limb about it.

So guess what? I am free to post my opinions on why adding squash with
lzma is a bad idea, and yes I am glad you like to generalize it to
"omgz instability" which also shows me how much you fail to read or
understand simple things like more fundamental problems than 10%
savings on a media. You said it yourself.
You would like it if you could have gained 10%, guess what, who cares!!

I got DVDRW discs out the ying yang, and my network bandwidth at home
is plenty!!
Look further ahead next time when making comments on my posts.