[Fedora-livecd-list] Packages in F12 LiveCD desktop

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 14 19:15:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:37:16 -0700,
  "Taylor, Monroe E" <monroe.e.taylor at intel.com> wrote:

> I want to download the source RPMs for all of the packages included when the Fedora-livecd-desktop.ks file is used to created a liveCD.
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is a group which contains these packages? Or do I have to download each of the packages listed in the Fedora-livecd-base.ks and Fedora-livecd-desktop.ks?

Neither of those will work.

There is no group used to track files on live images. The ks files don't
have what you need in a consumbale manner either. They refer to groups,
and substract some packages and in the end a depsolve is done to get
dependencies that weren't explicitly listed.

If you run livecd-creator the yum output should have a list of all of the
installed packages. If you look at what is retrieved you can see the
particular versions used. (I don't know if already cached packages show up
in that list.) During the install only the package names are shown, not the
version. If you don't want to run livecd-creator you can look at the logs
on the nightly compose pages. But those are for rawhide now, and may not
have exactly what you want either.
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/