[Fedora-livecd-list] mandatory syslinux on live cd causes perl dependency

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 22:34:05 UTC 2010

I haven't tried this, but how about:

%post
yum -C -y remove perl
%end

Make sure you know what you're doing... by which I mean that this would
be a dangerous game to play if you weren't certain that syslinux was the
only thing using perl!

As I recall, by the time %post executes, the initrd has already been
created (see previous posts passim.). If syslinux data files are being
used in that stage, then removing them in %post shouldn't screw things
up. If they're being used after the squashfs image gets created, you
might be in trouble.

Suck it and see...

James