[Fedora-livecd-list] How to run livecd-creator scripts in a local directory

Jon Jaroker fedoralivecd at jaroker.com
Thu Mar 11 21:42:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

Is it possible to run the livecd-creator scripts from a local directory,
without installing these scripts to a host server's /usr/bin and /usr/lib
directories?  The yum install of livecd-tools will install these scripts to
the host /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib directories.

I am running a continuous build and automated testing of LiveCD and it is
undesirable to install these scripts to the host.  It is important that the
scripts reside in the code repository and are run from the build server's
local workspace.  These scripts must not modify the build server's
configuration by installing themselves into /usr/bin and /usr/lib.

I placed the imgcreator directory into the same directory as the
livecd-creator script, but was unsuccessful in getting the scripts to run.
I confirmed that the python path starts with the local directory.

Before I begin experimenting with a python wrapper script, I was wondering
if anyone had any advice.  Would anyone know why the livecd-creator script
could not import the imgcreate module, even though it was in the local path?
How can I isolate the livecd scripts into a local directory to be sure that
each build is independent?

Thank you,

Jon