[Fedora-livecd-list] bz#624028 livecd-creator creates iso that doesn't boot

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Nov 6 17:07:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 17:39:35 -0700,
  "Brian C. Lane" <bcl at redhat.com> wrote:
> 2) The fact that install media is 'frozen', as is anaconda, after an
> extensive testing cycle and that packages involved have moved forward,
> but are now only tested against running systems, not recreating boot
> media.
>
> Because of #2 using the updates and testing-updates repositories can
> result in building systems that won't boot.
>
> I think that as a a baseline, things ought to work correctly if only the
> base repo is used in the creation. If other packages need to be added
> (and that is kinda the point, isn't it?) then making a local repo with
> just those hand-selected packages makes sense to me.

Given the manpower we have that may be the practical approach. I would suggest
that the target is that being able to do a live image respin with the
updates repository enabled should work. If the project decides that this
must work, we could add retesting one or more live images to the critical
path update tests. I don't think this is a good idea now, but maybe someday.