[Fedora-livecd-list] Problems with livecd-creator on Fedora 14 Beta

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Oct 11 20:14:56 UTC 2010

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Scott Dowdle
> <dowdle at montanalinux.org> wrote:
> > I'm trying to use livecd-creator to build a remix.
> >
> > The system is Fedora 14 Beta 32-bit with the most current versions
> > of everything installed.
> >
> > livecd-tools-034-7.fc14
> >
> > I can build the stock KDE respin just fine but when I try to build
> > my own remix using the fedora-livecd-kde.ks as a base I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > -----
> >
> > umount: /var/tmp/imagecreate-{random}/install_root: device is busy.
> >       (In some cases useful info about processes that use
> >        the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
> > Umounting directory /var/tmp/imgcreate-{random}/install_root failed,
> > using lazy umount
> > lazy umount succeeded on /var/tmp/imagecreate-{random}/install_root
> > loop: can't delete device /dev/loop0: Device or resource busy
> > flush-253:0 used greatest stack depth: 5372 bytes left
> > _MontanaLinux-F1: recovering journal
> > Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> > Pass 2: Checking directory structure
> > Pass 3: checking directory connectivity
> > Pass 4: Checking reference counts
> > Pass 5: Checking group summary information
> >
> > _MontanaLinux-F1: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
> > _MontanaLinux-F1: 212049/524288 file (0.1% non-contiguous),
> > 1354190/2097152 blocks
> > e2image 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
> > Please run 'e2fsck -f
> > /var/tmp/imgcreate-{random}/tmp-VoLFME/ext3fs.img' first.
> >
> > Error creating Live CD : resize2fs returned an error (1)! image to
> > debug at /tmp/resize-image-{random}
> >
> > ----
> >
> > Any idea what might be causing this?
> >
> > Now to check bugzilla. :)
> >
> > TYL,
>

> I have no issues with creating my custom F14 gnome based remix but iso
> images won't boot X, if I pass "init 3" I get console that works ok.

File a bug with the video card/chipset you have having a problem with.  Did you turn off graphical boot?

Are you having broken X problem with the Fedora 14 Beta releases?  If so, file a bug ASAP so maybe they can get that fixed for the release, and if not, shortly thereafter.

Just a followup on my issue... I found out that if I removed Google Chrome browser from my package set, the problem went away.  I don't know what Google Chrome was doing with the loopback when it installed, but removing it made the problem go away.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street