[Fedora-livecd-list] 'x86LiveImageCreator' object has no attribute 'compress_type'

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 16 17:28:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 13:08:28 +1100,
  Peter Lawler <bleeter at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Halp!
>
> I see elsewhere in he code for live.py that self.compress_type is set to
> gzip, so... erm. Yeah. Been all over RH's bugzilla like a rash, haven't
> seen anything similar. Have browsed a few months of the mail list
> archive, still no banana. For what it's worth, Fedora 13 current updates
> etc. (python-imgcreate-033-3.fc13.x86_64 livecd-tools-033-3.fc13.x86_64)
> running inside a Xen machine. Any other info needed, please don't
> hesitate to ping me :)

I missed that you gave me some of the info I needed. (I'm in a hurry today
trying to figure out how to deal with an update that put some spins oversize.)
compress_type is a relatively new feature of livecd-tools. I didn't know
that revisor had a dependency on the internals of livecd-tools, but that
is what I think is showing up here.
Filing a bug against revisor and copying me (bruno at wolff.to) in Fedora
is a good start. I probably won't get to it for a bit as I have work to
do for the upcoming release that should keep me busy over the next few
weeks.
In the short run, you might be able to do your compose with livecd-creator
or pungi instead of revisor or downgrade livecd-creator and
python-imgcreate to 032.