[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd when converted to liveusb fails ?!?

Marc Herbert Marc.Herbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 09:35:28 UTC 2010

Le 16/10/2010 19:01, Scott Dowdle a écrit :

> I frequently convert all of my builds from Fedora 14 to LiveUSB and
> they work fine for me.  Some machines do have trouble booting
> LiveUSB at all...

USB booting is tricky. There are several "standards". See:

 <http://syslinux.zytor.com/doc/usbkey.txt>
 <http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-makebootfat.html#7>

I do not use liveusb-creator but makebootfat + livecd-iso-to-disk on a
loopback device with good success. More precisely:

 cd /usr/share/makebootfat/x86

 makebootfat --syslinux2 --mbrfat --zip \
    --boot ldlinux.bss --mbr mbrfat.bin   \
    -O foobar -L "${FATLABEL}"     \
    -v -o $LOOPDEV "$EMPTYDIR"