[Fedora-livecd-list] Issue 635750 Re: Help with a problem I am seeing when trying to build a liveCD for FC13

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Oct 26 17:33:09 UTC 2010

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I wanted to add this to the information about this issue.
>
> I had a system that had FC11 installed on it with livecd-tools 1.24 so
> I tried to build a liveCD, containing the
> openspeedshop performance tool, on that system.
> I was successful several times, just as I was on FC13. Then I updated
> my own rpms (with some needed changes) and then
> started getting the same issue:
>
> > >      Installing: libICE ################### [ 69/1129]
> > >      Installing: info ################### [ 70/1129]
> > >  sh: uname: command not found
>
> on FC11 that I had on FC13 (subject of the bugzilla report).
>
> It seems that it must be related to my spec files as this issue always
> occurs after I've changed the contents of my
> packages and rebuild them.
> I createrepo and then try to build the liveCD.
>
> I modified all my spec files that use coreutils executables/commands
> to include this:
>
> Requires(pre): coreutils
> Requires(postun): coreutils
>
> The spec files we have use uname, mkdir, and echo.
>
> Is this the correct syntax?
>
> It didn't make a difference. I still get the above "sh: uname: command
> not found message for info and many others.
>
> Any thoughts on what I could try to narrow this down? I have a
> deadline of Friday to have a liveCD ready for duplication.

Ok, I see the error you mention BUT does the build fail or does the package fail to install?

I get all kinds of errors like that during my build process but to the best of my knowledge, they are innocuous and don't hurt anything... as all of the packages install and work on the final media.

Another thing to try would be to do the build with Fedora 14 and see how that goes.  Fedora 14 is basically done and will be distributed to all of the mirrors for public release next Tuesday... unless they have decided to slip the schedule... and since I haven't heard anything yet, I'm assume it is going to be on time.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street