[Fedora-livecd-list] Getting around the anaconda bug

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 09:59:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 10:16 +0100, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 12:44 +0530, Arun SAG wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:53 AM, James Heather <j.heather at surrey.ac.uk>
> > wrote:
> >

> >         >%post --nochroot
> >         >yum -y --installroot="$INSTALL_ROOT" downgrade NetworkManager
> >         >%end
> >
> >         >Let me know how you get on...
> >

> > Tried this sadly the dependency has failed http://fpaste.org/c6ya/
>
> You could try
> yum -y --installroot="$INSTALL_ROOT" downgrade NetworkManager*
> note the wildcard, should cover NetworkManager-glib
>
> or (all on one line)
> yum -y --installroot="$INSTALL_ROOT" downgrade
> NetworkManager  NetworkManager-glib

You want to cover NetworkManager-gnome too, so either use the wildcard
or append that to the second option. (This rings a bell. I think I had
to use a wildcard.)

I'm a bit bothered by the umount failure in your paste. Are you using
akmods or anything like that (from rpmfusion)? If so, you might need the
following hack at the end of your kickstart file to avoid the
(intermittent) umount problem:

%post --nochroot
#hack to try to stop umount probs
while (/usr/sbin/lsof /dev/loop* 2>/dev/null | grep -v "$0" 2>/dev/null | grep -q "$INSTALL_ROOT")
do
	sleep 5s
done
%end

That's completely unrelated to the NetworkManager, though, so don't
worry about it unless you also hit this issue.

James