[Fedora-livecd-list] Getting around the anaconda bug

Arun SAG sagarun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:31:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM, James Heather <j.heather at surrey.ac.uk>wrote:

> >Nice--didn't know you could exclude packages on a per repo basis.
>
> >In that case, it's even easier. If you --excludepkgs=NetworkManager*
> >from the updates repo line, it'll presumably just pick the packages up
> >from the release repo, and everything in the garden will be lovely.

I excluded NetworkManager from updates repo, NetworkManager* stuff from
release repo got installed. I tried to test the live-DVD with virtualbox

while loading gnome the virtualbox crashes and the guest os goes to aborted
mode. Tried with runlevel 3 , everything worked fine, switched to root and
started X server, it showed the regular root user warning, on closing the
warning message again guest os crashes and goes to aborted mode. Is it
possible to get the log messages from a live-cd that crashes completely?

Tried the ISO with virt-manager i am getting same old "No root device found"
error .

Here is the kick start file
http://psgkriya.org/saga/misc/msec-fedora-remix.ks

--