[Fedora-livecd-list] device-mapper updates want latest udev and break build

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sat Sep 11 15:39:12 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I just noticed that some updates last night break my build process.  I had previously gotten my build process to work again by using non-current versions of the following packages:

NetworkManager
NetworkManager-glib
NetworkManager-gnome
dbus-glib
udev

The new problem packages so far are device-mapper* and lvm2-libs.  I'm still not to where I can build yet so there may be others.  These updated want the newer udev and break because of dependencies.  I'll have to roll them back... and any additional packages they depend on.  Will know more when I get it to completely build.

If anyone else gets it working, please let me know how.

Oh, when I say roll back... I mean that I've created a custom updates repo and have replaced the problematic packages with previous releases.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street