[Fedora-livecd-list] Fwd: Would like instructions to build a bootable USB with F14 for the Mac

wbsec.flive at new.rr.com wbsec.flive at new.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 19:11:24 UTC 2011

Scott, thank you for your post. I decided to try UNetbootin for Windows and Linux. I was partially successful with a KINGSTON USB. It was fresh out of the package and formatted FAT16. I used UNetbootin on Windows to build a USB from my custom ISO of Fedora 14. I also built one using an original Fedora 13 ISO I downloaded in October. I tested them on a Mac Pro and an iMac. I held down the option key (or alt depending on your keyboard) to access Apple's Startup Manager. My USB did not appear on the iMac but it did on the Mac Pro. On the Mac Pro, I chose the USB and started booting. The Fedora boot animation went about 3/4 of the way and then a black screen with the following information came up.

Oops : efitime : can't read time!
pci 0000:03.0:ignoring class 600 (doesn't match header type 01)
No root device found
Boot has failed, sleeping forever.

I am going to continue looking for a solution but any ideas are welcome.