[Fedora-livecd-list] [livecd-tools] * Tue Jan 04 2011 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> - 15.2-2 - patch to drop support of releasever in

Dennis Gilmore ausil at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 5 15:35:28 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:50:45 pm Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 22:47:23 +0000,
>
>   Dennis Gilmore <ausil at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > commit 5b013e64189bec33960bca20dfbe61fc4826d168
> > Author: Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>
> > Date:   Tue Jan 4 16:47:02 2011 -0600
> >
> >     * Tue Jan 04 2011 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> - 15.2-2
> >     - patch to drop support of releasever in urls it destroys image
> >     creation in koji
>
> Is this a short term change? I was planning to use releasever in kickstart
> files once we switched pointing to rawhide to point to f15.
>
> Maybe this can be fixed on the koji side?

this cant be fixed on the koji side.

Its a likely long term thing, there is not a clean way to access the hosts rpm
database in a chroot.  and thats what it does. honestly a better soultion
would be to support passing it in as a optional commandline  option.  because
the way it is means you can only use it to build f-15 on f15  or f14 on f14
there is no way to use it and build a 15 image on a f14 host etc

Dennis