[Fedora-livecd-list] Ethernet interface up issue

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Jul 21 21:35:23 UTC 2011

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I have built a custom fedora 14 spin. Everything is working fine
> except a little issue.
>
> The problem is Ethernet interface is not up when when i login to my
> custom fedora spin. Currently i am forcefully bringing the interface
> up.
>
> What changes should i made in my kickstart file to automatically up
> the interfaces?

Check out your /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* files before you manually enable your device.  Then open up NetworkManager and edit the config for the device so it is started automatically.  That should alter the configs and you can see what was changed... and then add something to your kickstart post to make the same change.

No, I didn't give you the exact answer, but I gave you a way to figure it out yourself.  I don't have any more Fedora 14 systems around here so I couldn't check. (wink wink)

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street