[Fedora-livecd-list] Migrating persistent overlay into the squashfs

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 08:42:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM, James Heather <j.heather at surrey.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have a feeling that someone recently wrote something to allow you to
> migrate changes from the persistent overlay into the squashfs image,

Interesting idea, I don't remember it being discussed here but
edit-livecd change in commit c41b33bf4f59c35fc9cf8fd8dd6933cf142e8f0c
introduced something similar: it allows you to clone running livecd
system into a fresh iso.

The idea could be extended to work off-line too: open
iso->squashfs->rootfs, add overlay (basically copy/paste from dracut
dmsquash-live module) and copy result to the new rootfs.

Alan