[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora 14 livecd-creator issues

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 11:41:27 UTC 2011

> Problem solved. Just increased the partition size.
>

> Earlier i was using 1536 MB.
>

> In Fedora 14 i built countless custom live iso images with the above
> partition size and never got any problem. Is there a specific reason
> for getting these errors with Fedora 15?

I should imagine that the packages you're including are bigger in their
Fedora 15 form, or maybe are dragging in more dependencies. On the
whole, things do get bigger over time.

But it's also possible that you're including some things that are no
longer necessary and could be dropped. I don't know what they'd be,
though. Best to pare down the list to the things you need, and let
anaconda take care of the dependencies; if you add in libraries and so
on yourself, you're likely to end up with extra unnecessary bits (or a
failed build) when things change.

James