[Fedora-livecd-list] fedora15 liveCD

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 13:26:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 06:10:15PM -0500, Jose Islas wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I dont know if this the righ place, but I have been trying for a while
> fedora 15 from live cd version, but installation is not successfulI and I
> got this message:
>
> Dropping to debug shell
> sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>
> any idea what is going on?

This list is for users of the tools used to create LiveCD's. It sounds
like you are using the released livecd iso? This error looks like a
dracut error, usually meaning it cannot find the root device that you
installed to. I would suggest opening a bug at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com and including the logs from /tmp/*log and
/var/log/messages after the installer has finished but before you
reboot.