[Fedora-livecd-list] (Solved) Re: Can't login to livecd for Fedora 15 any more

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Sun May 29 17:49:55 UTC 2011

Replaying to myself:

> I have a livecd image built on May 9th. Booting that image, I'm able to
> login to console, althouth I need to press ctrl-alt-f2 first. To day, I
> built a new image, and with that image, I cannot log on. If I press
> ctrl-alt-f2, nothing happens. If I type letters, they are displayed on
> the current line in the terminal, but there is no login prompt.
[...]
> I use the same kickstart file to build the two images.

Because my approach was to build a console livecd (without X), I did not
include the group base-x in the kickstart. After including that group, I
have the login prompt. Don't know which package from this group is
required, and it seems strange that it worked without this group until
May 9th, and stopped working sometimes afterwards.

Another thing I don't understand, is that I need to go to the second
console (with ctrl-alt-f2) to find the login prompt.

Regards,
Lars