[Fedora-livecd-list] Restoring LiveCD via the Network.

Grant Williamson traxtopel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:58:52 UTC 2011

Maybe this is a question for the anaconda mailing list, let me try here first.

Is there anyway to restore a livecd via the Network?

i.e.
Boot from a boot.iso, launches anaconda performs a network/livecd downloading/installing via the network the squashfs.img.

Why would I want to do this? Looking for an alternative to Clonezilla. i.e. native anaconda install ensures luks encryption is unique for each machine.

I know how to create a Network installation and perform a package for package automated installation, however looking for a quicker alternative.

I am not asking how to implement this, just wondering if anyone knows what parameters Anaconda would require, if indeed this is possible.