[Fedora-livecd-list] Can I create x86_64 livecd on 32bit box?

Tim Coote tim+fedoraproject.org at coote.org
Fri Oct 14 11:33:36 UTC 2011

In principle, I'd have thought that this was possible, if where binaries need to be run in the creation process the inputs/outputs are compatible between the architectures and the mappings between which binaries to use are properly managed.

however, it doesn't seem to work:

setarch x86_64 livecd-creator -c whatever.ks

simply returns:
setarch: x86_64: Unrecognized architecture

I'm using f15, util-linux-2.19.1-1.4.fc15.i686 (for setarch). livecd-tools-15.7-1.fc15.i686

(I'm assuming that using setarch is the right approach to use, otherwise, livecd-creator just builds for the architecture that it's run on .

Tim