[Fedora-livecd-list] qemu-kvm for bridged networking

Daniel Parnak parnakd at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sat Feb 11 21:59:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

I want to configure qemu-kvm for bridged networking
(Fedora-16-x86_64-Live-Desktop, WMvare 8) and I have found this site
http://fedorasolved.org/Members/kc8hfi/qemu-kvm-bridged-networking , but I
have some problems with configuration.

*4. Disable NetworkManager.*

   *systemctl disable NetworkManager*

It doesn't work, I receive message: Failed to issue method call: Invalid
argument

*
*
*10. **Running programs as root is generally a bad idea, so we need to set
things up so that your regular user account can run qemu.  The network
bridge and the tap device all need to be up and running before you can run
qemu.  Add the following to /etc/rc.d/rc.local to configure the tap
interface, and bring it up.  Make sure you put YOUR USERNAME in where it
says <your username>.  For example, if your username is fedora, then that
line will look like:*

   *username=fedora*

   *#substitute tap0, br0, username to whatever your information is
   interface="tap0"
   bridge="br0"
   username="<your username>"

#add a tap interface owned by your user
   tunctl -u $username -t $interface

#add this interface to the bridge
   brctl addif $bridge $interface

#bring the interface up
   ifconfig $interface up*

There is no such file/directory as /etc/rc.d/rc.local

*17. If you do not reboot your box, you'll need to bring up everything*

   *systemctl start network.service*

Message: Job Failed

How can I resolve those problems?

Greetings,