[Fedora-livecd-list] Recent problem remixing Fedora 16

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Mar 20 23:30:04 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I rebuild my remix every few weeks (as those updates stack up) and I just recently ran into the following error:

- - -
Error creating Live CD : Unable to install: Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): konq-plugins.i686 0:4.6.1-1.fc15 - u
- - -

Anyone else seeing this?  What's broke and how can I fix it?

I deleted the package cache so it would download everything again to do the build... and the package it is complaining about does get downloaded.

Oddly, the host the build is being done on was installed from an earlier version of the remix and does NOT have konq-plugins installed.  If I try to yum remove konq-plugins, it substitutes that with kde-baseapps which is a fairly important package with regards to KDE.

My question is... if the package doesn't get installed, why is it being downloaded?  Maybe with the recent KDE 4.8.1 update, they changed the deps and something is weird with the konq-plugins package?!?  If I try to manually install konq-plugins on a system I get the following error:

- - -
ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:
konq-plugins < 4.6.80-1 is obsoleted by (installed) kde-baseapps-4.8.1-1.fc15.i686
Please report this error in http://yum.baseurl.org/report
- - -

HELP!

TYL,